Dear Parents and Carers
- During the summer term we try to have PE outside whenever possible. We will be doing PE every Monday and most Fridays, but there may be an extra session if we have time. It is therefore ESSENTIAL that your child has a suitable PE kit in school – plain t-shirt and shorts (without buttons or pockets), sandshoes or trainers. Long hair must be tied back. We recommend that PE kits are left in school all week we do our Daily Mile run whenever possible.
- We hear children read in groups in class but we also try to hear individual readers when possible. Please read regularly at home with your child - 10 minutes every night would be brilliant. Make sure you write in the reading diary to confirm the book your child is reading and the current page number. The date is very important too!
- Spellings will be given out on Friday for a test the following Friday. We are recapping the Year Two spelling pat-terns and all children will have the same set of words. The final 4 words are optional.. Five minutes on them every night is much better than trying to learn them all on Thursday night! Your support with this is invaluable.
- Homework will usually be given out on Wednesday and should be returned by the following Tuesday. This always supports our class work and is a necessity, not an optional extra! If you’d like any extra homework to practise a certain objective or concept, just let us know.
- If you have any holidays booked during term time, please could you put the dates in your child’s reading diary? The holiday forms go straight to the office but we’d like to keep a note in class too.
- Our class trip should take place after the half term holiday. More details will follow once everything has been confirmed.
If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to speak to of us after school. Thank you very much for your ongoing support.
Mrs Storey and Mrs Heslop